Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Go-To Appetizer

This weekend has been full of end-of-the-summer BBQs, outdoor fun with friends, and long, leisurely hikes with our puppy! There hasn't been much time for cooking, but I did need to bring something to our friend Kenny's 30th birthday BBQ at his parents' house today, so this morning I ran to the store for some sausage, green olives and peanut oil. What could she be making, you ask?

IMG_0962


Fried, sausage-stuffed green olives, that's what! They are delicious. They are a crunchy little bite-sized morsel of yumminess. I spent the morning stuffing a concoction of sausage, salt, minced garlic and red pepper flakes into a bunch of pitted olives. Once they were all stuffed, they got tossed in olive oil, rolled in flour, dipped in egg and then rolled in breadcrumbs. I fried 'em up in batches and they were a hit!

I got this recipe from the Food Network Favorites cookbook, in the Michael Chiarello section. He's a great chef to look up if you are looking for entertaining ideas because the majority of his recipes are focused on group events! Here's the whole recipe for your reading pleasure! Click here.

IMG_0964

No comments:

Post a Comment