Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Bad!

So...um...Moroccan night didn't go so well. I could blame it on the beef I used, or I could blame it on the very vague recipe instructions, or I could blame it on the chef...but it wasn't good. I mean, the taste was good, but the beef was so tough that it was pretty much un-chewable. I sheepishly trekked back to the kitchen to heat up some leftovers because dinner was not workin' out so well this evening.

Sometimes this happens. Don't feel bad about it, but learn from it. In this case, I think the issue was some gristly, tough meat, mixed with the wrong type of cooking method, and the possibility of a terrible recipe. I know when I try it again, I will learn from my mistakes and make a much better dish. Unfortunately, this time around it just wasn't what it should be.

It's too bad because Moroccan cuisine is a very interesting one that I'd like to learn more about. I love the idea of dried fruits adding sweetness to an otherwise spicy sauce, with rustic meats slow-cooked to perfection of a low flame. Sounds delicious, right? Well, it looked good anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment