Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Lack of Motivation

I still haven't gone grocery shopping...

I know, I know...I keep saying I'll go, but then I come home from a long day at work and...I'm tired. Or it's raining. Or...there's laundry to do (I finished all of it - that was my excuse last night). So I have like, no food in this house. We ordered some food from a local Thai restaurant last night, and we'll be eating the rest of that tonight. I've got some homemade tomato sauce defrosting from the freezer, as well as some sausage. I've got one more box of penne before the pasta shelf is empty as well...that will be dinner tomorrow night.

I'm going to put the shopping off until this weekend, and when you put off the shopping, you tend to start getting creative. Digging through the freezer, checking the back of the pantry shelves...I wish I could snap my fingers and have my list of groceries fulfilled and sitting in my kitchen, just waiting to be put away.

Grocery Cart - left right outside
from Flickr - by doortoriver

I'm thinking of doing a complete refresh of the kitchen this weekend. The pantry needs to be organized and sorted, the fridge needs to be pretty much emptied, and the freezer could use a going-over as well. Even the cabinets could use some straightening. It will be my mid-summer kitchen cleanse, making way for the new and exciting things I'll bring home from the store this weekend, and preparing my workspace for starting the new menu ... our trip around the world!

globe pencil sharpener
from Flickr - by fsse8info

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment