Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Menu of Menus

Hello there, and apologies for not writing the past few days. It's been a bit hectic with dinners out, working early and through lunch, and lots of other things in between, but I've finally gotten the next menu together! I sat down to go through my cookbooks, waiting for something to inspire me about this menu, and it finally hit me! A menu of menus!

A lot of cookbooks sort their recipes by meals the reader can cook, including appetizers, side dishes, and desserts...not just one entree dish. There are times when I like to take recipes from different places to make my own menus, but there are other times that a ready-made menu comes in very handy. I decided to feature full menus this time around, and you can check out the upcoming meals here! (Or, just click on the current menu tab at the top of the page!)

Cookbooks


I don't think I'll be doing a huge shopping for everything at once since I know of quite a few days coming up where we won't be home for dinner, and I don't want to see all of those beautiful ingredients go bad. Having said that, I see a few smaller trips to the grocery store and farmers market in my near future. Bringing home the ingredients for one or two meals at a time can be useful when there are lots of intermittent plans and you want to limit the amount of waste in your kitchen!

Tonight, we'll be out at Masa for a birthday celebration, but tomorrow marks the start of the new menu. Which meal should I start with? Does anyone have a suggestion? They all look so good...I can't wait to start cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment