Sunday, September 11, 2011

An Easy Dinner and Planning for the Week Ahead

After a busy weekend, filled with fun times and good friends, we settled in for the first Sunday football games and decided on a very easy dinner of some marinated steak tips and a nice, spinach salad. We didn't have the ingredients for any of those things so I had to run to the store, but I hadn't planned my menu yet! I think the next week or so will consist of some quick trips to the farmer's market/grocery store as I figure out a plan for the next menu.

We are having friends over tomorrow night, and they are vegetarians, so I promised them a good meal...sans meat. I don't normally cook with tofu, but I'm going to give it a shot! We're going to try a recipe for Kung Pao Tofu, from the Whole Foods Market Cookbook, served with a side of brown rice and some kale. I hope it's good! I added the ingredients for these recipes to the list and off to the store, we go!

IMG_0977


Easy, pre-marinated steak tips on the grill, and a delicious spinach salad. I bought some adorable heirloom tomatoes the size of cherry tomatoes, and threw those in along with some minced shallots, and crumbled feta. I tossed the salad with this awesome avocado dressing that Matt found at the store, and dinner was ready! This left me plenty of time to write to all of you, my culinary comrades, and then get down to work on the upcoming website. I think that we're going to do things a little differently with the menu for awhile. As I need to photograph, use, and write about certain ingredients for the site, I'll be using them and writing about them on the blog. That way, I'll "kill a few birds with one stone," so to speak, so I'll have posts for you on a daily basis, and still get in the writing I need to do to bring this website to you as fast as possible!

IMG_0976


That being said, if there's an ingredient you want to learn more about, comment here and let me know. I'll move it to the top of the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment