Saturday, September 24, 2011

One of the Best Dishes in Boston!

We went to Island Creek Oyster Bar to celebrate my husband's birthday last night. Instead of telling you about my entire meal, I really felt it necessary to discuss one particular dish on their menu. This is one of my favorite meals in the city of Boston, and possibly...ever. The award goes to: Lobster Roe Noodles. The dish includes grilled lobster, braised shortribs, chanterelle mushrooms and a bit of pecorino romano cheese to top it all off. Let me tell you about it!

Lobster Roe Noodles
Sorry for the dark image - it was dark in the restaurant!


The noodles, which are fresh pasta noodles with the addition of lobster roe, are a pale orange color, and creamier in texture than other noodles. They almost melt in the mouth. The shortribs are so tender and just fall apart with the fork, while the grilled lobster is tender and succulent. The chanterelle mushrooms add a wonderful earthiness to the dish and the Pecorino adds the perfect amount of saltiness to each bite. The addition of baby cucumbers to the dish was a really great one. There are all these decadent, earthy flavors, and the crunch of a refreshing cucumber pairs nicely.

The first time I had this dish, and I raved about it to our server, he told me that articles were written about this dish, before anybody wrote about the new restaurant, and I can see why. While I normally don't order the same thing twice at a restaurant, I just had to have it again. I have yet to find anything similar on any menu in the area, and I love a unique dish when I find one. Make sure to take a visit to Island Creek Oyster Bar and try out this entree!!! And of course, have some oysters while you're there!

No comments:

Post a Comment