Thursday, August 9, 2012

Food Truck Nation

Eating at a food truck makes me want to own one. I have ideas for them, and I get really excited until I realize that I'll need a lot of backing to actually start it up. (Insert donation plea here - ha!) Yesterday, I had a delicious lunch at a truck that my husband has been raving about for months, and I finally made it over there. It was definitely worth the walk!

Untitled

The truck is called Staff Meal, and they have truck-made chorizo. Yup, they had me at "truck-made chorizo!" The menu selection consists of four basic choices, with the option of having each as tacos, or as a burrito, as well as a few specials - one of which is Matt's favorite. The line was long, people were excited to eat the food, and the employees are friendly and helpful!

I finally got my turn at the window, and ordered for both me and Matt. A "Steinberg" for him (half chorizo, half barbacoa, rice n' beans, "guac" and Alex's Ugly Sauce) and the Truck-Made Chorizo, Lime Crema, Radish and Lettuce burrito for me. I added a couple of Judge Smails' Half & Halfs (half lemonade, half iced tea blasted together) and pulled up the coupon I got on Yelp for checking in! After saving the dollar, I pulled up LevelUp to pay! I love how convenient they make this!

After toting my purchases over to a lovely bench down the way a bit, I took a sip of the refreshing beverage. It was a great concoction of iced tea and lemonade, not too much of either, but just right. It was just sweet enough, and just tart enough to be the perfect drink for a hot day in Boston!

Untitled

Once properly refreshed by "Judge Smails," we both unwrapped our burritos and took a few bites! The chorizo is so fresh, the rice is perfectly cooked, and the sauces are interesting and flavorful. I thoroughly enjoyed mine, but the "Steinberg" was amazing. The combination of flavors made each bite really pop, and the mixture of barbacoa and chorizo was very complimentary! I think it was the guacamole that pulled it all together - that or the red cabbage they threw in there for some crunch - so good!)
Untitled

Untitled

I found Staff Meal's truck in City Hall Plaza, by Government Center, but you can check their website daily, or follow them on Twitter for alternate locations. I definitely recommend checking them out when you are in the mood for tacos or a burrito, because the food is delicious and really satisfies the craving. With fresh ingredients, and friendly faces, how can you go wrong!?!?

2 comments:

  1. They were out of Canton Steak, as well, so I went with the Nacho Relleno Fusion. I love nachos, so this was sure to be my best bet. Food Truck Wedding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting and quite helpful too...great post

    ReplyDelete