Monday, February 28, 2011

Enter King Arthur's Esteemed Court


While I was galavanting around the snowy state of Vermont this weekend, I managed a quick visit to the King Arthur Flour Baker's Store. I've spoken about the necessity of good all-purpose flour, and King Arthur's flour is some of the best, but they don't stop there...no sir!



Not only does this wonderful place carry all sorts of flour (wheat, white, durum, pastry, etc) but they have tons of different boxed mixes, ingredients, bakeware, and gadgets too. And if that wasn't enough, they also have a bakery and cafe, where you can order lunch, or have a coffee and just wrap yourself in the wonderful aromas coming from the kitchen! Because of the recent arrival of the Breadman,  I wanted to pick up a few bread mixes. I also needed to replenish my supply of Perfect Pasta flour, as well as the flour we use to make pizza dough.

Because they offer a 15% discount if you purchase five or more mixes at one time, I opted to take the deal. I decided on French Herb,  Brown Sugar Cinnamon,  Semolina Herb and Cheese, Six Grain, and Brioche. I figured this was a good start, and who knows when I'll get to the store again. Not to say that I won't be making my own concoctions for dough as well, but it's nice to be able to throw a mix in there and just let it go on a busy evening. I don't normally recommend boxed anything, but the mixes from King Arthur Flour really taste so delicious, and you know from the their seal that it's a quality product (and...they're all natural!).

Look at all my goodies!
Aside from the store, there is also a separate building where the company holds all sorts of baking classes. If you are in the area, stop in and get a schedule. You can also find the schedule, along with all sorts of other wonderful information online at www.kingarthurflour.com. I definitely suggest signing up for their catalog as well...or just browse online. If you can get your friends in on an order, you'll save on shipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment