Thursday, February 24, 2011

Drink!

In the almost 50 posts that I've written, I haven't really touched on the art of cocktail concoction, which is most assuredly a part of the culinary universe. Mixing the correct concoction of alcohol and mixers is an art form that most of us can only dream of perfecting.

Tonight, I visited one of my favorite cocktail concocting sites, Drink! Owned by Barbara Lynch, of Number 9 Park, Sportello, Menton, B&G Oyster, The Butcher Shop, and of course the most mentioned cookbook, Stir, this unique venue introduces us to the real cocktail.

Cocktail
By Flickr - by www.jan-peter.com

The tenders of the bar at this establishment can literally be referred to as brilliant. Tell them what you feel like, and they will concoct something based on your most recent whim. Tonight, I asked for something gingery, and the result involved the best Dark and Stormy I've ever tasted. I actually didn't even recognize it as a Dark & Stormy until I was told that's what it was. It was super gingery, and the rum was only a memory of my last sip. I could drink these all night long!

In the past, I've even walked in with the name of my newest drink, and asked my assigned tender to concoct something based on that name. That's always a fun adventure! The wonderful people who work at Drink! are so personable and extremely interactive. Tonight, my friends and I walked in with a purpose. We were waiting to determine the winner of our "craziest calendar" contest! Before entering the bar, we wondered who would judge our competition, but once we sat down and interacted with the wonderful employees, we decided that they would be our best judges! And judged they did! They had such a great time rating our entries, and determining our winner that we decided they should receive the winning calendar as their prize! In return, the winner in our group, Annie (with Hot Boys and Baby Animals) received Thumb-Wrestling Masks from these amazing people. I know, they actually wrapped a PRIZE for our winning competitor!

Cocktails
from Flickr - by VancityAllie

The camaraderie in this bar, as well as the phenomenal drinks they present, makes for an amazing atmosphere. You just don't want to leave! At the end of our visit, one of my friends had asked for a drink that anyone could enjoy...and we received the most delicious shot I've ever had. I can't tell you what was in it, because that's what they do - they concoct - but it was amazing, and each and every one of us enjoyed it thoroughly. I promise you that you will not be disappointed by a drink ordered at Drink!

Be sure to arrive early and save seats...if you don't have a seat, you won't be served.

1 comment: