Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Running on Empty

It's been a long week so far, and it's only Wednesday night! After a phenomenal birthday dinner for my dad last night (at Troquet), and some sushi for dinner tonight (Blue Fiji), I realized that this weekend will definitely see us going grocery shopping. I've got some potatoes for gnocchi on Friday night, and there's some beets and radishes left over from the crop share that I received, but all in all, the refrigerator is looking a bit bare.

Kitchen
from Flickr - by CubaGallery
A friend of mine passed along a few cookbooks that she was getting rid of as part of a move, and there are also a few books that I haven't used in awhile. I've also cut a bunch of recipes out of magazines recently, so I have a lot to choose from for the next menu. However, I didn't want to leave all my readers out of the loop!

Recipe Card Box -- example
from Flickr - by Horn & Ram
Do you have a ton of something growing in your garden...and you don't know what to do with it? Do you have a recipe that you've been dying to try, but are a bit intimidated by the instructions? What about a cuisine that you've never tried before...feel like something new? Let me know - comment on this post and give me suggestions for the next menu! I haven't gotten many requests as of yet, but as you've seen, I really do try to accomodate them when I get them...so get in touch! I really enjoy helping you guys learn more about flavors and ingredients that you are unfamiliar with, and in that process, I'm learning something new everyday as well! So, let's learn together! Comment now!

No comments:

Post a Comment