Monday, July 4, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding

My best friend got married last night! That explains my 3-day hiatus from the blogosphere. I apologize to all you epicureans...but I had duties to attend to! I was the "best woman," standing up for the groom during the ceremony and I was extremely honored to be there. It was a lovely evening, complete with a delicious meal including lobster strudel, israeli couscous with sauteed vegetables, an assortment of salads and a delicious creme brulee, which they cracked instead of cutting a cake! How cute is THAT?

Enough about the wedding itself...I promised my best friend that I would write about the gift he gave me for being his "best woman." They really found me the most perfect present ever, I think. An in-laid wood, handmade cutting board! He bought it at an art fair in Salt Lake City, where he lives, from a company called Split River Designs.

IMG_0780


Now, the tag also says that I need to oil it on a monthly basis, as well as occasional sanding...so this is going to take some care, but I'm going to be sure to actually use it. Too many times, people get something beautiful and it sits in the closet...I intend to put this to its natural use, and take the time to care for it appropriately. You'll be sure to see it in many posts to come! :)

Tip of the day: Art fairs and antique festivals are great places to find cool additions to your culinary collection. Old cast iron, vintage glassware, and handmade cutting boards like this one can make it exciting to use your kitchen. If you love your tools, you'll love what you use them for!

No comments:

Post a Comment