Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ready To Go!

I'm going to be going "off the grid" for a few days, readers! I will miss every single one of you very much, but it is time for our annual camping trip, and, boy am I excited!! I look forward to this weekend every year because it's four days of relaxation with many of my favorite people. I always find myself referring to things that happened during these trips, because there are always funny tales to tell! I usually find myself laughing so much on this specific weekend that I come back with stronger abs...and sore ones at that! :)

The first night is always a hodge podge of different dishes that each person puts together to bring to the table where we all congregate. I like to go all out for this night because we usually go pretty simple the other nights, or end up eating out. (I didn't say we "roughed it," I said we camped!) So, today was spent in the kitchen, getting ready for the feast we'll have tomorrow night. I thought I'd leave you with a few photos of the finished products before I sign off for the weekend!

Grilled Steak Kebab Pitas with Ginger and Garlic Dressing

Shrimp Salad Rolls with Tarragon and Chives

Buttermilk and Herb Cole Slaw

Roasted Potato Salad with Shaved Fennel and Salsa Verde
I plan on documenting this trip through the food I eat, so be on the lookout for a lengthy post, with lots of pictures on Monday night! I hope to have lots of stories to tell, and lots of pictures to share! Wish us good weather, good eating, and good company!

Bon Appetit, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment