Thursday, March 24, 2011

Running on Empty

Well, I'm running low on pretty much everything in my kitchen. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day, thank goodness, so everything will be restored soon! I haven't cooked in a few days because of this so I'm jonesin' for some new ingredients. We've either eaten leftovers or ordered out the past few nights so I took the opportunity to update the menu on the site this evening.

fresh chopped herbs
from Flickr - by sparnie808

The current menu is set to commence this weekend, so I'm looking forward to a few weeks of yummy Italian fare. The recipes also make pretty large amounts of food, so I'm going to have some delicious leftovers for lunches while I'm at work the next few weeks. I love coming back from the gym, knowing there's a home-cooked delicious something-or-other, waiting to fill me up after a hard workout. It's very comforting to take a container out of the fridge, heat it up and have a little taste of home while sitting in your cube!

Tomato
from Flickr - by Feb12

I think this menu is timed perfectly for the weird winter/spring weather out there - a little bit refreshing, a little bit comforting and warming. Jamie Oliver's recipes always make for such feel-good, rustic dishes. So, check out the current menu, and I'll see ya back here with something Italian very, very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment