Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Aroma of Baking Bread on a Saturday

After I'd finished making breakfast this morning, I decided, what better way to spend a lazy Saturday then by baking a fresh loaf of bread! And that's exactly what I did. I plugged the Breadman TR2700 into the wall and it beeped a little "hello!" I stood in front of my assortment of choices purchased from the King Arthur Flour Baker's Store last weekend, and hemmed and hawed over which one to make first. I decided on the Brown Sugar Cinnamon loaf, and set to work.


The ingredients in the box consisted of the flour mixture, and a packet of yeast. To this, I added 1 1/4 cups of warm water, and 3 tablespoons of softened butter. The instructions on the back of the box included a special section for bread machine owners, which told me to just throw everything in, and set it for a 1.5 pound loaf of white bread with a light crust. 2:55 started to flash on the little digital screen, letting me know when my delicious loaf of fresh bread would be ready, and then, THEN the magic began.


I closed the lid and pressed the start button. Immediately, the little paddle started to knead the concoction, turning it into a soft ball of dough that knocked around its container as the kneading continued. There were two cycles of kneading, and then three cycles of rising...and boy did that dough rise! I'm not quite sure at what time during the 2:55 that the heat turned on and the bread began to cook, but here's what it looks like about 10 minutes from completion.


Our apartment smelled SO good as this heavenly loaf of bread finished baking. As soon as the beeper sounded, I opened the lid to a fresh gust of the scent, and got my potholders to get it out of there. It popped out with ease, and I left it to cool on the counter!


I'm thinking that first thing tomorrow morning, part of this loaf will be turned into some yummy french toast. The rest I will happily slice and bring to work for breakfast...some Chobani and a couple slices of Brown Sugar Cinnamon toast? Does it GET better than that?

That was the easiest baking project I've ever taken on, and it came out so well! Bless the TR2700...everyone!

Technorarti Claim Code: MU6R2W9PRQYZ

No comments:

Post a Comment