Monday, May 16, 2011

The Great Purge of 2011

Today, we begin the Great Refrigerator Clean-Out of 2011. On Saturday, I am throwing a bridal shower for my good friend Rachel, and I am going to need every inch of space in my fridge for all the goodies I'm going to make for the big event. Once it's happened, I'll reveal my menu and some pictures, but right now, it's a secret, and Rachel reads this every day!

Jar of Dill Pickles
from Flickr - by plushoff

Everyone needs a good refrigerator clean-out once in awhile. Inevitably, you'll find a 2-year old bottle of pickles, a jar of green olives with no liquid (because it was all used up in dirty martinis), you get the idea. In my case, I've got half-empty jars of mustards, and jams, and olive tapenades...most of which are probably not as appetizing as they might have once been. So, throughout the week, we'll be eating our way through leftovers, extras and piecemeal dinners in order to make way for trays of hors d'oeuvres, marinated meats, fresh salads and signature cocktails.

empty fridge
from Flickr - by ♥kels

I'll promise you now that there will be an extra long post on Sunday, recounting the festivities, referencing recipes, and showcasing photographs of the goodies. Until then, I'll try and write a few posts on entertaining, planning menus, and cooking for a crowd! Until next time... :)

1 comment: