Monday, May 2, 2011

Sharing is Caring!

When I get a new cookbook, I love to tell my friends, co-workers, family...well, everyone I know, about the wonderful recipes found within! And I'm definitely one to share my recipes! Very often, I will trek into my office with an extra bag holding an over-sized, hardcover cookbook that I just had to share with my co-workers.

Recipe Binders
from Flickr - not quite vintage

Recipe exchanges are a great way to try new things, make new friends, and expand your culinary horizons. Start conversations at the coffee maker or the water cooler, and tell people about that last great recipe you tried. It's a guaranteed icebreaker!

Another fun way to learn about new recipes is to trade your cookbooks. There is a site, called Swap.com, where you can trade your books and other media for new-to-you items. All you pay is the shipping, and you can even print the shipping label from the site. Make a list of items you have, and then make a list of items you want...as fair trades become available, you'll receive emails about those trades. It's a great way to get a new cookbook when you are done with an old one. I have my favorites that I will never get rid of, but sometimes I find myself tiring of a certain book, and then I'll trade it for another one!

Real Food Montage
from Flickr - by passepart0ut

Spread the love, share the wealth and exchange your recipes with friends, co-workers and family. It's a great way to make new friends, bond on another level with old friends and family, and expand your culinary knowledge exponentially.

No comments:

Post a Comment