Monday, May 30, 2011

A Busy Weekend

This was a busy holiday weekend! I didn't get to the grocery story like I said I was going to, but I did get a new current menu uploaded to the site, and I have a list in place! I finished up a lot of the leftovers from the shower...it was the last days for those things, so I enjoyed a lot of gazpacho on this lovely, hot weekend in the Boston area.

Lettuce
from Flickr - by Dorian Susan

I spent a lot of time outside this weekend, and not a lot of time in the kitchen, so I don't have much to report. However, I went out for a few good meals...and dining al fresco is now IN SEASON! Good company, good food, and an outdoor patio are my definition of a good time! Tomorrow, it's back to work, and back to the everyday grind. My laundry hamper is calling my name and I will get to the grocery store, I promise! Stay tuned for a whole new list of recipes, with a strong focus on crisp veggies, fresh herbs, and spring inflections.

Ramps, just before execution
from Flickr - by Wild Wend

Gone are the turnips, parsnips and celery root...and good day to the spring ramps, crispy cucumbers, fresh mixed greens...and some fried clams thrown in for good measure...because it's not Boston in the summer time without some fried clams!

P.S. I think the Farmer's Market by my office has started up again! I will report back after tomorrow - I can't wait to see what they have to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment