Thursday, June 2, 2011

Scrambled Leftovers?

No, I haven't gotten to the grocery store yet. Yes, it's been a hectic sort of week, and tomorrow night will yet again be food shopping night. I had to get really creative with tonight's meal because I'm really running on empty over here. I found the perfect amount of eggs for the two of us though, so I pulled a whole bunch  of random ingredients out of the fridge and got to concocting!

Dozen Farm Eggs in Carton
from Flickr - by el_vigilante

I found a spicy pepper, a red bell pepper, some grated cheese, prosciutto, a little bit of spinach and some chives. I chopped them all up, heated them with a little bit of butter and started scrambling some eggs. Once the eggs were almost done, I threw all of my add-ons into the mix, sprinkled with cheese and tossed it all together.

IMG_0671


Served with a green salad, it makes for a very filling dinner that also uses up those ingredients that are left over in the fridge, right before a trip to the grocery store. And with that, I bid you adieu - until I have a fridge full of crisp veggies and fresh-cut meats!

No comments:

Post a Comment