Thursday, June 9, 2011

A New Wiki-Project

As you all know, I use Wikipedia as my go-to for accurate food-related terminology. It helps me immensely to read a well-worded description, and then relay it to you, my faithful readers. Well, this morning I received an email alerting me to a new wiki-project, called Mycitycuisine.org.

This new project will act as a traveler's guide to local cuisine. What appetizers should I not leave Paris without trying? Ooo, escargot is on that list! I love snails! (I hear you all saying ew right now, but trust me, once you try them, you'll be singing a different tune...ooo la la!) What dessert cannot be missed in Beijing? Well, I really couldn't click away without finding out what Rolling Donkey was, so I forged ahead! It's a cake made of rice-flour and red bean paste! That DOES sound good!


This project has already gathered quite a bit of steam, and the lists gathered are comprehensive...but just like any wiki-project, it can only continue to grow...with the help of people like you! Where are you from? What was your favorite local fare growing up? Did you go on vacation somewhere and find the BEST sandwich EVER!? Write about it! Add to the growing compilation of food from all over the world.

From my stats, I can see that you, my readers, come from all over this globe, and you all have different things to offer the culinary world! Share them!

1 comment:

  1. this is actually probably going to be helpful on my honeymoon. =D

    ReplyDelete