Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring! It's-a comin'!

I think it's accurate to say that Spring is on it's way...and with Spring comes farmer's markets, and farmer's markets are one of my favorite things! The three seasons out of the year that allow for outdoor markets are a wonderful time of year because ingredients are so fresh, and it's nice to know you're supporting the local economy as well!

Spring in Boston Public Gardens
from Flickr - by BostonRunner

I'm especially looking forward to the Farmer's Market that sets up shop in Dewey Square (right near South Station, in the Financial District of Boston) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. There are so many booths that sell breads, cheeses, local meats, and beautiful fruits and vegetables. Because I work right near the market, I alter the way I grocery shop during these seasons!

It's so convenient to stop by the market on my lunch break and pick up the freshest of the fresh! Now don't get me wrong, I still go to the grocery store, and I definitely still make a menu...but I pick and choose what I buy at the store, saving myself for those enormous heirloom tomatoes, freshly packed bags of salad greens, and locally-made feta cheese.

Farmers' Market
from Flickr - by NatalieMaynor
I'll be sure to keep you all posted on my favorite booths at the markets so that you, too, can stop and check out the goods!

No comments:

Post a Comment