Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Some Cocktails, A Dozen Oysters and Some Good Ol' Fashioned Girl Talk

Tonight, I met a lovely friend of mine for drinks after work! She was in town for the day and requested my presence for cocktails during happy hour! I was more than happy to oblige! I was so happy to see her as we happened upon the entrance to Les Zygomates at the exact same moment! After an overdue hug, we entered the wine bar and ordered some much needed cocktails!

oysters
from Flickr - by shell belle

As we tucked into our drinks (for me, a Sidecar; for her, a Champagne Cocktail), we began catching up. An hour later, and we were still chatting each others ears off about everything going on in our day-to-day lives! That's when we noticed the platters of oysters on ice flying past our table in droves. We had to get in on that action! So we ordered ourselves a dozen east coasters and another round of drinks! There's really nothing like a few drinks and some girl talk to make the hours fly by! We had such a great time!

Cocktail: Catcher in the Rye
from Flickr - by PrincessPeach

Because I got home later than usual, I re-heated our leftover Seafood Risotto from last night. Normally, I would not recommend microwaving shrimp and mussels, but I was sneaky about this. I covered the plate of risotto with a damp paper towel and stuck it in the microwave for ONE minute. When it beeped, I stirred and placed it back in for ONE more minute. Quickly but gently reheated, the shellfish really didn't have enough time to start cooking again, but the rice heated it enough to take the chill off. It wasn't fishy at all the second time around! A great end to a day full of good things!

No comments:

Post a Comment