Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Steak...As Promised!

I was happy for a meal that didn't take a lot of work last night! This was certainly one of the easiest meals I've made in awhile. When I walked in the door last night, I immediately began marinating my steaks in the Tequila-Ginger-Lime marinade that I had in the fridge. It was a bottle of marinade I'd purchased at a gourmet shop awhile back, and wanted to use it up. I poked some holes in the steaks with a fork, allowing the marinade to seep into the meat a little bit quicker, and then left it to sit in the fridge for the next 45 minutes while I did a little bit of relaxing.

While my husband heated the grill on our back patio, I cut a head of cabbage into wedges. Because there were only two of us, I only used half the head, but the plan was to grill these cabbage wedges. Grill...leafy things...do these two things go together, you ask? Well, yes, they do, and they sure are delicious. I had a recipe, from that blog I like, called The Kitchn: Grilled Cabbage Wedges with Spicy Lime Dressing. It looked easy, it looked delicious, and best of all, the flavors sounded like they would pair quite nicely with the marinade I had chosen.

Untitled

I brushed my cabbage wedges with canola oil, and set them to char on the grill, for about 5 minutes on each side. When I checked on them, they were blackening around the edges nicely, and so I went back upstairs to prep the dressing...which is SO easy to make. All you have to do is throw everything in a food processor, and voila, spicy dressing, to be drizzled over deliciously-blackened cabbage wedges. We've got ourselves a side dish, people!

Not only were the steaks delicious, and the cabbage a perfect accompaniment, but I think I'll add cabbage to my shopping list for our summer camping trip. It made for a great, easy vegetable to add to any meal, and all you need is a grill, and some dressing, any dressing will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment