Monday, April 16, 2012

Bulgogi For The Home Griller

The other night, I made some lamb bulgogi, a Korean dish that is easy, delicious, and makes for lots of leftovers that can be used in many ways! The night before I planned on making Lamb Bulgogi with Asian Pear Dipping Sauce, I prepped my leg of lamb by marinating it in soy sauce and mirin-based marinade which I made according to the linked recipe. It was simple to pull together and as long as you remember to do it the night before, you'll be good to go the next day for a quick and easy dinner.

Untitled

When I came home the following day, I turned on the grill in the backyard, and left it to heat while I quickly pulled together the Asian Pear dipping sauce. I cooked the leg of lamb on the grill for about 15 minutes on each side, charring the outsides with some beautiful grill marks. Once the lamb was cooked to my satisfaction, I pulled it off to rest while I grilled up some scallions, jalapenos and garlic cloves to use as garnishes in our lettuce wraps full of bulgogi.

Untitled

Untitled

Look how perfectly that lamb is cooked! Yum! I separated a head of iceberg lettuce to use as wraps, because I couldn't find Butter Lettuce at the store this week. Butter lettuce definitely works better because it's not as crispy but this was alright in a pinch.

Untitled

To finish off the meal, and round it out as well, I made some white rice while the lamb was cooking. It adds a little depth to the lettuce wraps and soaks up the delicious dipping sauce really well. Since making the bulgogi, which is a fun little adventure for a week day meal, and wonderful for entertaining, we've had bulgogi hoagies (ha!) with the lamb, and the dipping sauce, and a little chili sauce, all grilled on a panini grill. The lamb is even delicious to munch on cold, straight out of the fridge. Try this one out, you'll have a fun and interesting meal in under an hour!
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment