Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Foodie Social and Some Other Announcements

I just got home from the Boston Foodie Social, an event that I heard about through a deal on Bloomspot, and decided to take advantage of. As we walked into the venue, I was a bit underwhelmed, at first glance, to the amount of vendors in the room, but I ended up meeting a bunch of really great people, with amazing products to offer. I treated my visit as a networking opportunity and spoke with vendors about blogging opportunities, and I was greeted with a wonderful response. I'm happy to report that I've gotten quite a few business cards, been introduced to many new products, and hope to offer reviews of these products in the very near future.




I learned of some healthy new products on the market, met some innovative chefs, new to the Boston scene, and even spoke with a 12-year old girl from the area who has released a cookbook to raise money for the charity, FutureChefs. Impressive, right!? I'm excited to get in touch with all of these new friends, and hopefully partner with them to bring you information on the latest and greatest on the market! So, stay tuned!

As another annoucement, I've made a decision. I'm going to culinary school! Okay, well, not in the literal sense. I have a version of the Culinary Institute of America's textbook, and I've decided that, as a project, I'm going to read it, from front to back, chapter to chapter, and take myself through the curriculum that a culinary student would face. Be on the lookout for posts from each lesson that I learn, and join me on my journey through my own version of "culinary school." It's going to be an exciting ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment